Weight On Me
for islebehere
Thursday, May 05, 2005
  okay. i'll say it... i weigh 200 lbs. there. i said it. i think i feel better divulging that information to you. it's not my all time high (i think that was 202 a couple of years ago) but it's still enough to get my butt moving. i'm not giving that information to encourage others to give theirs. unless they want to, of course. i just wanted to get it out there. i'm not going to weigh myself again for another 2 weeks. i dread the morning weigh-in.
the only reason this comes up is because we were at work trying to figure out our height-to-weight ratio. we found a chart but then didn't exactly know how tall/short we were. we had ideas from past history. i haven't been measured since 7th grade basketball and they told me i was 5'5". and, of course, i rounded up which over the years, eventually became 5'7" in my roundings. my co-worker said, "surely you didn't stop growing then". so we had our maintenance guy come up with his trusted measuring tape.
sure enough, my ass is short... 5'5" and that's a BARELY 5'5". this, i thought, only meant that i had to lose more weight than originally intended. my LIFETIME goal is140. i don't know why 140. it just sounded like a nice round figure. i remember being that weight back in '95. i was a size 9 and still felt like a cow around my 3 MUCH thinner friends (one being a member of this blog). although i felt like that 10 years ago, i think i'd feel better now. i mean, c'mon... it is 10 years later and i am that much older.
the point of this entry being... well, i guess there is no point. other than i'm still short but my goal weight is still within my height range. oh... and i'm not a large frame, either, like i thought i was. i'm medium. that means if i weigh between 137-148, i'm all good. =) T~

UPDATE: since my post i've been looking at other charts. i found the "revised" version of the first chart i looked at. it says i should weigh anywhere between 127-141. are these people kidding!?!?!? apparently, that's the national standard because it's been on every. chart. since!
i also found a chart on some uk site that said i could weigh between 117-156 (much better). isn't there some allowance for age? 
Comments:
Wow. Confessional. Do you feel lighter just by getting that out there? I would! And, by the way, since we are stating weights, I'll go ahead and join you. I currently weigh 158. And, by the way, which is what I weighed 10 years ago. If you can believe it. My weight range top limit is 148. And I looked yours up in WW, and it says between 120-144. So I think 140 is truly obtainable. Now you just got to get there. And you will.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Eating and all of its obsessions

ARCHIVES
May 2005 / June 2005 / March 2006 / April 2006 / April 2007 /


Powered by Blogger