Weight On Me
for islebehere
Wednesday, May 04, 2005
  Motivation Well, have to say I'm pretty impressed of Ms. Wonder Woman, Sweet T, whatever she's calling herself these days. Weight loss is a HUGE DEAL. And by the way, if I'm so effin smart cuz I went to BAYLOR, how come I didn't know better and not stuff my face so much so that I gained 25 pounds? And if I'm such a genius, how come I can't lose these last 10-13 lbs? Riddle me this, Riddler!?!

But, my oh so inspiring words of wisdom to Tari were "Get a support group." And since she sent me that link to an on-line group counseling confession, I knew that she was aching for a group hug. So here we be. Because it is the group that will help keep you motivated. My support group in Austin inspires me to keep on going, even though those last lbs are not easy.

My favorite quote from Destiny: "Minor adjustments lead to Major Achievements." well said. It's on my white board at the office for me to remember that it's the small changes I'm doing like drinking 6 glasses of water and walking around the 'hood for 30 mins that will make that "last 10 lbs fall off" achievement.

So, every day is a new day. Don't dwell on the days that you "fell off the wagon". The days that you are doing SOMETHING is always more than what you would have been doing.

Is that enough motivation for you today? Hope so.

~A. 
Comments:
i'm filling my water jug now!
 
FYI... i don't give myself these names. =)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Eating and all of its obsessions

ARCHIVES
May 2005 / June 2005 / March 2006 / April 2006 / April 2007 /


Powered by Blogger